Thursday, January 14, 2016

Tuesday / Thursday January 12th and 14th

Class worked through reading and viewing the end of Macbeth.

Mr. Zartler explained that the final exam would be students turning in an outline for an essay on Macbeth (the essay will be due the second week of second semester). There will also be a short test on Macbeth on the day of the final. This test will be comprehension focused and include information on classical tragedy and the Chain of Being.

On Tuesday of next week class will be devoted to developing thesis statements, and beginning work on the outline due for the final.

On Thursday the class discussed (among other things) the following quotes:

Macbeth
Some Significant Passages

Fair is foul, and foul is fair: (Act I, Scene I)



When the battle's lost and won. (Act I, Scene I)



If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown me. (Act I, Scene III)



Nothing in his life
became him like the leaving it; he died
 as one that had been studied in his death
 to throw away the dearest thing he owed,
 as 't were a careless trifle. (Act I, Scene IV)



Yet do I fear thy nature;
It is too full o' the milk of human kindness."(Act I, Scene V)



Look like the innocent flower,
but be the serpent under't. (Act I, Scene V)



I dare do all that may become a man;
Who dares do more is none.(Act I, Scene VII)



I have no spur
to prick the sides of my intent, but only
vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself,
and falls on the other. (Act I, Scene VII)




 (Act II, Scene I)



Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood
clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather
the multitudinous seas incarnadine,
making the green one red (Act II, Scene II)



What's done is done. (Act III, Scene II)







 (Act V, Scene I).



 (Act V, Scene I)




 (Act V, Scene VIII)


No comments:

Post a Comment